(as of [price_update_date] – Details)
A complete guide on Teams filled with real-world scenarios and best practices to increase enterprise productivity and engagement
- Interactive approach to learn the key concepts of Teams and its implementation in modern workplace
- Discover tips and techniques for extending Teams to meet your business requirements
- Integrate Teams with various Microsoft services such as PowerShell, SharePoint, PowerApps, and Power Automate
Microsoft Teams is a platform for unified communication in modern workplaces. It not only enables effective communication, but also helps you manage your resources through its integration with various Microsoft Office 365 services. This book offers a comprehensive introduction to the platform, getting you up to speed in no time. Complete with hands-on tutorials, and projects, this easy-to-follow guide will teach you how to use Teams in the best possible way.
Starting with the basic concepts that will help you collaborate on Teams, this book takes you through expert techniques for creating and managing teams. A dedicated section also features industry practices to help enhance collaboration in modern workplaces. In later chapters, you’ll explore Microsoft services such as SharePoint, PowerApps, Power Automate, and learn how they interact with Microsoft Teams. You’ll also get to grips with dealing with permissions and security issues in managing private and public teams and channels. Along the way, you’ll discover practical scenarios that will help you improve the collaboration in your organization and increase productivity by using Teams features.
By the end of this book, you’ll have hands-on experience of using Microsoft Teams, along with the skills you need to improve the way people collaborate in your organization.
What you will learn
- Create teams, channels, and tabs in Microsoft Teams
- Explore the Teams architecture and various Office 365 components included in Teams
- Perform scheduling, and managing meetings and live events in Teams
- Configure and manage apps in Teams
- Design automated scripts for managing a Teams environment using PowerShell
- Build your own Microsoft Teams app without writing code
Who this book is for
This Microsoft Teams book is for power users and business professionals looking to use Teams for improving collaboration in an enterprise environment. The book will also be useful for Office 365 administrators interested in implementing Microsoft Teams effectively by learning about and exploring expert tips and best practices to ensure good governance.
Table of Contents
- Microsoft Teams Basics
- Microsoft Teams’ Core Features
- Microsoft Teams – Chat and Conversations
- How to Use Microsoft Teams – Meetings and Live Events
- Public versus Private – Teams and Channels
- Extending Microsoft Teams using apps
- Extend Microsoft Teams Using Custom Apps and Microsoft 365
- Build Your Own App for Microsoft Teams Using App Studio
- Building Your Own Bot for Microsoft Teams
- Microsoft Teams PowerShell – a Tool for Automation
From the Publisher
What makes this book stand out from other Microsoft Teams books?
This book covers all the core features of Microsoft Teams and teaches you how to configure and extend the platform to achieve specific business goals. With several real world scenarios from different industries, explained with the help of step by step guides, you will easily understand how to transform Microsoft Teams from day one.
What do you think the future holds for Microsoft Teams?
Teams will continue to grow and will have an even bigger role in the modern workplace, more and more features will be added, but at the same time it will be easier for a power user to extend with custom built apps. Teams will also soon become a tool for families and friends thanks to Microsoft Teams for Life, which provides the same level of structure and organization for your personal life.
Table of Contents
Microsoft Teams Basics & Core Features
Microsoft Teams – Chat and Conversations
How to Use Microsoft Teams – Meetings and Live Events
Public versus Private – Teams and Channels
Extending Microsoft Teams using Apps, Custom Apps, and Microsoft 365
Building Your Own App & Bot for Microsoft Teams
Why is it more important than ever to learn Microsoft Teams?
The world has changed dramatically over the last few months and companies are rushing to find alternative ways to keep their collaborators working safely at home while at the same time they remain productive. Microsoft Teams is the tool that will help you to continue to evolve in your professional life and will allow you to complete the tasks that used to be done in physical offices.
What was your objective in writing Hands-On Microsoft Teams? What are the key takeaways for readers?
When I started writing the book the main goal was to teach people how to use the best collaboration platform on the market. This journey started before the pandemic began, and I’m glad the book was published just in time to help users learn how to use Microsoft Teams while most of the world was staying at home.
I want readers to understand that Microsoft Teams is much more than just call software for meetings, I want to empower the reader to become the ‘Microsoft Teams hero’ in their company, and empower others to achieve more with this central hub for work and personal life.